Finance Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Closing date: 29 July 2021
Full Time, Up to 1 year
Location: Aberdeen or London
Salary: Excellent Benefits and Competitive Salary
The UK oil and gas industry is changing and has the essential expertise to help deliver net-zero and to create exciting jobs of the future. Oil and gas companies support energy communities from Shetland to Teesside and beyond, playing an important role in providing affordable energy to millions. The changing UK oil and gas industry supports the UK economy and will do for years to come.
OGUK’s mission is to champion the UK offshore oil and gas industry as part of a diverse energy mix, with facts, evidence, engagement and advocacy.
OGUK’s vision is to be the leading association for the UK offshore energy industry, ensuring the North Sea remains an internationally attractive place to do business.
OGUK has recently signed a ground-breaking North Sea Transition Deal, with the UK Government to help deliver a Net Zero North Sea Basin by 2050. It is an exciting time to join a fast-moving industry and work in a dynamic finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the successful candidate will be required to undertake a range of duties including:
- Contribute towards all day-to-day accounting requirements of OGUK and its subsidiaries as appropriate ensuring accuracy of all financial records and that financial controls, policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage the processing for sales, purchase and general ledger entries for the group as appropriate, preparing BACS payments and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the processing and preparation of all financial year-end requirements and annual statutory audit files to provide information to meet auditor needs and deliver clean audit reports.
- Ensure that all sales invoices are issued promptly and that debt-follow up is timely and effective to contribute to cash management requirements.
- Process all accounting entries in respect of commercial Income contributing to process efficiency efforts and interfacing effectively with other teams as required.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and experience in accounting. A flexible and proactive ‘can do’ attitude will be required, and you will be a personable team player who can effectively communicate in a professional manner both internally and externally.
It is essential that you have strong organisational and IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications along with experience in a similar role. Use of SUN accounting package V6 and Query & Analysis (Q & A) or earlier is a significant advantage. Experience using Proactis P2P procurement system is desirable. A relevant qualification in accounting or book keeping (e.g. AAT Level 3 or 4) is also required.
This is an exciting role in a high-profile organisation at the heart of one of the country’s most important industrial sectors. You must be able to demonstrate a keen interest in the industry, as well as the capacity to cope under pressure. In return for hard work and commitment, the organisation offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. You’ll receive 27 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell additional days, 8% employer pension contribution, travel and healthcare insurance as well as access to our employee perks and Employee Assistance Programme.
If you fit the above criteria, please send your CV, together with a covering letter to the Recruitment team at [email protected]
Download full job description