To develop and embed the collaborative commercial behaviours needed to efficiently deliver MER UK (maximising economic recovery from the UK Continental Shelf), the Commercial Managers Forum (CMF) was formed in 2017. The CMF is led by a cross-section of senior commercial managers from operators and infrastructure owners in the basin, with close links to the legal community. Here members of the Forum outline the benefits of participation.
The CMF aims to:
- Provide visible and sustainable leadership on commercial behaviours
- Provide a platform to share good practices, to build relationships and shape the commercial agenda
- Act as custodians of the Commercial and Infrastructure Codes of Practices and champion the behaviours described within
- Own specific industry-led commercial behaviours work groups
- Promote the use of industry standard forms and agreements
- The CMF has absorbed the responsibilities of the previous Code of Practice Champions Network.
OGUK and its subsidiaries also manage several legal mechanisms to increase efficiency of operations on the UK Continental Shelf. Information on legal and regulatory initiatives can be found here.