Helping you find your nearest OGUK registered doctor quickly and easily.
OGUK Register of examining UK Doctors
OGUK Register of examining UK Doctors by name or Pin
OGUK Register of examining UK Doctors Overseas
It is OGUK policy that all persons working offshore shall be examined periodically and classified as medically fit to work in the offshore environment.
OGUK registered physicians will:
- Have knowledge of the offshore environment and remote medicine
- Demonstrate knowledge of, or possess a qualification in, occupational medicine
- Have access to appropriate examination facilities
- Undertake an OGUK one-day training programme in offshore medical assessment – it is expected attendees will have sufficient understanding of and ability in spoken English to participate in the training without an interpreter
- Understand the principles of the risk-based approach embodied in these guidelines
Medical Aspects of Fitness for Offshore Work: Guidelines for Examining Physicians – Issue 6
You can purchase the latest versions of the Medical Aspects of Fitness for Offshore Work: Guidance for Examining Physicians below. Please note, if your company is a member of OGUK, please log in/create an account on the site to receive these items for free.
If you would like to join the OGUK Register of Examining Doctors then please submit an application at the appropriate link below.
Please note, any application received prior to October 1st in any calendar year is due for renewal by 31st December in that same calendar year. Any applications made on, or after 1st October will be due for renewal by 31st December the following year.
If you are a UK based doctor: Application to join OGUK’s Registered Doctors List
If you are an Overseas based doctor: Overseas Application to join OGUK’s Registered Doctors List
If you have any questions about the OGUK Register of Examining Doctors, or the application process, please feel free to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help:
Norwegian (and NOGEPA) medical certificates are good for offshore work and travel on the UK Continental shelf. Please see the additional press release for further information.
The mutual recognition of medicals does NOT extend to mutual recognition of the additional medicals for those involved in Emergency Response duties.