The purpose of the Supply Chain Forum is to provide an active body through which representatives from the UK upstream offshore oil and gas sector’s operators, suppliers and contractors can have constructive and meaningful dialogue on issues effecting the industry.
Available to: All OGUK Operator and Contractor member companies.
– Supply chain development and its strategic role in continual business improvement from the perspective of both the client and contractor/supplier;
– Development and publication of best practices, model documentation and guidance templates for use by the industry;
– Application and experience of these best practice supply chain management tools and techniques, to implement lessons learnt, so that individual organisations can realise their full potential and supply chain total costs can be minimised
– Understanding and mitigating risk and the appropriate allocation of risk within the supply chain;
– Driving cost and waste out of the total supply chain, whilst ensuring business continuity for contractors/suppliers and maintaining service to clients;
– Health, safety and environmental issues in the context of supply chain delivery.
– Development of supply chain skills, awareness and behaviours across industry organisations through education, training and information sharing.