Responsibility for setting OGUK’s position on policy matters lies with the Board, whose members represent a cross-section of the industry.
The Board comprises 20 senior industry representatives from operator and contractor companies; a non-operator or independent oil company; and the chief executive of OGUK. Vice co-chairs have been reassigned as co-chairs of the Advisory Councils, who are supported by small steering groups to help shape the agenda.
Members are appointed for two years, at which point they are required to stand down and offer themselves up for re-election, with the ability to serve for a total period of five years. This ensures a rotation cycle and a broad representation of the membership on the Board.
View the full list of Board members below
updated June 2021
- Alexandra Thomas, Managing Director UK, Operations, Neptune Energy
- Andy Hessell, Managing Director, Kellas Midstream
- Arne Gurtner, Senior Vice President UK & Ireland offshore, Development & Production International, Equinor
- Bob Drummond, Chief Executive Officer, Hydrasun
- Dave Stewart, Chief Operating Officer, Wood Plc
- Deirdre Michie, CEO, OGUK
- Emeka Emembolu, Senior Vice President North Sea, BP
- Jean-Luc Guiziou, Managing Director, TotalEnergies
- José Luis Muñoz, CEO, Repsol Sinopec Resources UK Ltd
- Kenny Dey, Managing Director (UK), Vice President Platform Drilling, Archer
- Mark Abbey, Regional Director, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), CHC
- Matthew Brodie, General Manager – Eastern Hemisphere, Noble Drilling (Land Support) Limited
- Mikki Corcoran, General Manager Europe, Schlumberger
- Mitch Flegg, Chief Executive Officer, Serica Energy Plc
- Neil McCulloch, Executive VP, Technical & Operated Assets, Spirit Energy
- Phil Kirk, President and Chief Executive Officer Europe, Harbour Energy
- Phil Simons, Executive VP – Projects & Operations, Subsea 7
- Scott McGinigal, VP Business Services, CNOOC International
- Sian Lloyd-Rees, SVP & Head of UK, Aker Solutions
- Simon Roddy, Senior Vice President and Upstream Director, Shell UK
Arne Gurtner, Senior Vice President Equinor
Phil Simons, VP North Sea & Canada Subsea 7
Board Vice Co-Chair
Sian Lloyd Rees, UK Country Manager and SVP of Customer Management at Aker Solutions
Dave Stewart, CEO Asset Solutions, EAAA Wood PLC.
There are two councils which meet four times a year (twice separately and twice jointly). Every member may send a representative to one of the two.
- Operator Council: for representatives of the oil and gas companies, whether operator or non-operator
- Contractor Council: for representatives of the contractor/supply chain companies
Both councils act as advisory bodies which review and advise on any matters relating to the business of OGUK referred to it by the Board or by member companies.
Member companies may nominate a representative to attend any of our forums. The forums provide the focal point between our member companies and OGUK. They also ensure that the association is aware of company member positions on particular issues and provide guidance on policy options and proposals. Forums are also a vehicle for specialist engagement with external stakeholders such as the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA), Departments for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), HM Treasury, government agencies, the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), academics and consultancies.
Chief Executive Biography
Deirdre Michie, Chief Executive, OGUK
Deirdre was appointed CEO of OGUK in May 2015. She has an LLB Hons in Scots Law and extensive experience as a senior business leader in the oil and gas industry; covering upstream, downstream and globally. As well as being a Non-Executive Board member of Scottish Water, she is also a board member of Opportunity North East and Chair of Common Data Access Limited. Deirdre is a member of MER, the UK Government and oil and gas industry forum; HMT’s Oil and gas industry Fiscal Forum; the Scottish Government’s Energy Advisory Group, and of the Women’s Business Council, a UK Government body focused on increasing women’s contribution to economic growth.
Deirdre was awarded a Fellowship from the North East of Scotland College and an OBE for her services to the Oil and Gas industry in the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2018. Deirdre is also a Burgess of Aberdeen.